- Single dose package including solvent
- 10 doses package. The solvent is supplied separately
- Store at 2-8°C.
- Period of excursion from storage conditions – see package insert
- Avoid sunlight exposure and contact with disinfectants
Thermostable pentavalent conjugated lyophilized meningococcal vaccine (A, C, Y, W-135, X), conjugated to tetanus toxin and CRM197 cell wall protein of Corynebacterium diphtheriae, providing better protection against all the most common meningococcal serotypes in developed and developing countries. The vaccine is produced under license from Serum Institute of India, which developed the product as part of a collaboration at the WHO and PATH.
Internationally accepted vaccination schedule:
- children aged 9-23 months: two doses given 3 months apart, or
- children who have not received the meningococcal vaccine under the above schedule: the first dose at 11-12 years of age and a maintenance dose at 16 years of age after at least 4 years of the first dose.
- for people at increased risk of meningococcal infection: one maintenance dose at age 2-55, after at least 4 years of the previous dose.
Each 0.5 mL dose for sterile intramuscular injection contains:
- Approx. 4 µg each of serotypes A, C, Y, W-135, X polysaccharides conjugated to tetanus toxin and diphtheria virus protein CRM197.